The Road To Ren

Our adoption journey to our son Ren William.

Musings by Elaine and other Blitherings. This blog was origonally intended to document our China adoption journey to our son Ren. Now we are home and this blog is about our family. I would love to have you sign my guest book.

Scroll to bottom to see slideshow pictures.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

16 Years and This Man Still Rocks My World

Mark and I have been married 16 years today and I love this man. For our anniversary he told me I put a smile on his face so he wanted to do something special for me. He said that because of this another smile would be given. So in honor of our anniversary He gave to SmileTrain!! Mark you rock!!! This is one of the coolest awesomest gifts EVER! He is a man after my heart and knows how to melt it. Thats what I call romantic.
This is us when we were dating (why do I look like a zombie here?!?!? You should of seen it before I tweaked the color, and yet he kept dating me).

This is us on our wedding day. We eloped with our children in attendance and my mom and step dad. Wow our hair has changed ;-).

We started out with 3 kids between us and he has loved my children as his own. Gotta love a man who does that!

Through the years

Mark is one of the most generous compassionate people I know. He has the biggest heart and has always been there for his family and friends. He is a good man. He is hilarious and the funniest person I have ever met. Life is never boring with him. He is extremely talented at what he does. If you need something done he is your "go to" guy. There is nothing too small like going on a mission to find a Bathtub Cabbage Patch Doll right before Christmas across the state or just helping around the house.Nothing is too big like putting together a National convention or speaking to 30,000 people. Not to mention running a National program and being in charge of a 196,000,000.00 (million) dollar budget. He gets it done.

The first group of children are now grown and on their own and in college. We are now a multi-generational family finishing up with round 2. We just returned from China with our youngest 6 months ago. Mark I love you for giving for giving me these two precious jewels and taking care of us. Love you Big Guy! You are the BEST!

12 comments:

Rachel C. said...

I liked this post a lot! You guys are so cute :) I agree with mom; I think Mark is a very admirable person and an awesome dad!!!

shelley said...

I concur. Ours is the 14th and it will be our 14th. october was a good month for marriage.

Bill and Toni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill and Toni said...

What an awesome tribute to an awesome guy!! Very obviously a match made in Heaven (and sustained by the Sustainer). God is so very good!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,
Toni, for the Benton's

Wuxi Mommy said...

I LOVED the old pictures!! It's always funny to look back at how we looked when we met, isn't it?? I can't get over how different you both looked 16 years ago. Of course, 16 years ago I had the big bangs going on and the lovely spiral perm. Someday I'll have to dig out those old pictures so we can all have a good laugh:)

Anyhow, I agree that Mark is so stinkin' hilarious!! Thank goodness he was with us in China or we all might have lost our sanity completely!! He's a great guy and we're blessed to know him. Enjoy your anniversary!!

Cindy said...

What a great post! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Flamingo said...

loved this post!! i laughed so much at the old hair and clothing styles! love it!

everytime when we think about mark without a doubt i think of the "boo ya" scene after the cruise. we weren't there for it but their retelling of it was hilarious and we have retold the story to other people.

happy 16...that is truely special!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! great!I love your pictures very much,Such a happy family.It is a good article,thank you for sharing it.
More and more people like sports, because of sports can bring them the endless enjoyment.
But I have one suggestion. when you exercise, you must choose suitable clothes.
when you play football sports.you should wearing football jerseys.The underwear and shoesis the same important.The comfortable clothes ever,enough to make every day energetic.
An active, energetic young man works like a tiger.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really have a beautiful family! This post was lovely :)

Unknown said...

i hope you have a nice life and be a civil person and a good thanks to what you do

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Visio 2010 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.